Monday, January 11, 2010

Würzburg im Schnee

Grüß, Alles!

So I'm still Stateside. I'm taking my break in my Austin Apartment, working a few hours a day which is in no way making up for the overhead costs associated with this place for which I must pay until February 28. In the meantime, I've been taking care of the...oh, I'm not going to lie: I'm laying in bed and watching TV on Hulu and checking out movies from the Fine Arts Library. I have accomplished a few things: I've assembled the necessary documents to make sure that customs does not arrest me. I've arranged my nerdy-touristy plans in London and I'm registered with the State Department so Hilary Clinton can call me up if the Bundestag is overthrown while I'm in Germany.

I decided to see if my host university would post the Vorlesungsverzeichnis (aka course schedule) early, but, true to everything else European, nothing will be sent out early. I read once upon a time that the schedule would be available in mid-January, which means it will be available around the 20th. Anyway, there was a rather beautiful picture of my future home layered in snow. Given that Austin doesn't really see snow and my winter experience in the Panhandle was pretty wimpy, this just filled me with elation.

Granted, this snow will be gone long before I arrive in Würzburg. Shucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment