Sunday, February 21, 2010

To Go, Goes, Went, Have Gone

Achtung! Sie Verlassen Jetzt den Amerikanen Sektor!

Excuse my Cold War humor.

Tomorrow I leave the United States for the next 5 or 6 months of my life. So much to do. On Friday, I moved out of my apartment in a very quick fashion, attended a going-away party, and slept on a friend's floor. On Saturday, I said my farewells to all of those little things in Austin that make Austin Austin, such as MoPac and those annoying speed bumps on Duval. I then drove for hours and hours to get back to Pampa, my hometown.

Today, I move everything out of my car and put it somewhere on the home property, except for my checked suitcase, carry-on, and backpack. I will attempt to put my family on Skype, because phone calls are expensive.

I have my passport ready and tomorrow afternoon, I'll hop onto a plane and say "Auf Wiedersehen" to the USA. My Jacksons, Grants, and Franklins will become useless and must trade them in for the Queen and an array of architectural styles. I'll need to use an adapter to plug in my computer, and will pray for some internet connection in cafes or other public places. Since I probably won't update anything for lack of time and sure internet connection, I'll give you a little of my schedule:

7am - Heathrow and customs. yay. I'm super excited about the Tube. I'm a super nerd who has spent way too much of his life playing SimCity, so the opportunity to explore the oldest mass-transit system in the world. Nerdy.

I'm staying at Hostel in the city center. I'm sure it's not a 5-star hotel, but a bed is a bed.

Throughout the day - Walking around, including the Houses of Parliament, the Globe Theatre, and other exciting things in Westminster. I'm sure I will want to fall asleep around 5pm, if I make it that far (the equivalent to being awake for 24 hours.)

Anyway, so I'm excited and I'll write a bit later.

Bis bald!

No comments:

Post a Comment