Friday, February 12, 2010

T-minus 10 days

So, I'm about to enter the single-digit numbers before I fly off. My last week will probably be the most difficult - not because I have so much to do, but because it will be a series of lasts. I will have my last dinner at Chilis, my last American Dr. Pepper, my last drive down MoPac (will I miss that too much?), and most sad of all, the last time I see many of my friends.

Sure I'm not running away indefinitely, but many of the people with whom I have forged relationships will have graduated by the time I return, never again to be seen by me. Dramatic, I know. I'm sure our paths will cross again, and probably much sooner than I anticipate. It's a sad thing that I'm just uprooting and creating a void.

Besides the emotional tuggings of this last week, I'm having fun tying up loose ends. I set my forwarding address at the post office, I told the bank that I'll be using my cards abroad, I've told the City of Austin that I don't want their electricity after the 19th.

Now, what to do with all of my junk. I've managed to move things in waves, first at Thanksgiving, then at Christmas, but now I have the remnants and my apartment looks lifeless and sad. (Does anybody want a large desk?) This week, I have to make the last pushes to remove all of my things. What doesn't fit inside my 2-door coupe will just have to stay behind.

1 comment:

  1. Or you could give your stuff to me! Except that desk.

    ReplyDelete